August 2

Susan called last night asking for an ice report. It has been quite cold and there is heavy ice along the shore. They are still pulling or using leads.

I checked the ice report, and it seems that it should be broken up to the south of the small peninsula they are on.

At Clouston Points the ice had completely pushed against the shore making further progress impossible.  They waited until the high high tide at 2 am and were able to paddle for about 5 kms along the shoreline before being stopped once again. They decided to return to Clouston Points and begin portaging to Keith Bay, about 20 kms away.

Advertisements

~ by YKpaddle on August 3, 2012.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: